In September 2021, Zoom introduced Apps to its platform to make things easier. At least, THAT'S the theory!!
Firstly, to keep up to date with Zoom, and learn from someone WAY more proficient than me, I suggest you take a look at THIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL - It focuses on the type of things WE want to do with Zoom - be interactive and engaging, not just run meetings or give presentations.
He also shares some reservations and things to be aware of...
1. Here's the recording of our first EXPLORE session... (note - it's completely raw - no editing at all!!)
- You need to have got everything set up already (have accounts etc).
- All delegates need to authorise use of the app (and may have to install it). This may be more trouble than its worth if working with corporates as the IT department will also have to approve it in advance.
- Click on Apps and then (when the panel appears) 'Discover' to select the app you want.
- You then have to install and set it up. Click Open Zoom meeting when you've done (it will take you back to the same meeting).
- Initially, you probably have to SEND the app (so delegates can authorise it) and then SHARE the quiz/board that you want them to work on.
We didn't get far with our second session, but as a result, Craig found this useful guide to using MIRO within Zoom...