- As Training designer's we KNOW that everyone is different. We are used to including multiple ways of accessing content to serve different learning preferences.
- But it's more important than that. Around 20% of the population is neurodiverse, although not all are aware of it.
- To enable ALL our delegates to benefit from the training we design, we need to design with this in mind.
- It’s much easier to incorporate diversity, equity and inclusivity into your training design early on, rather than trying to bolt it on afterwards, or bend your design to accommodate different needs.
- And even those who aren't neurodiverse benefit from really clear instructions & improved accessibility, and will retain more information if they can learn on their own terms.
- If you are designing teaching or training this session will be a really helpful timesaver so that you won’t have to redo any of your planning, and it will become second nature to create inclusive delivery.